Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mary Poppins

Tonight my Mom and I saw Mary Poppins on Broadway.  Although we both knew the story, seeing it come to life on Broadway was amazing.  They had so many musical and dancing numbers (both of which we like and one of the reasons we chose a musical instead of a play).  They also incorporated a lot of magic into the show.  Really, if you have the chance go see it!

The show was in the New Amsterdam Theatre and was the most ornate and over the top theatre I have ever been in.  Everywhere you looked you could just tell the craftsmanship was top of the line. I'd almost suggest going to the show just so you can see inside this theatre!

We were thinking of seeing The Lion King (sold out) or Wicked, but I'm so glad we chose Mary Poppins.  Maybe next time we'll see something else!

This Woody in Times Square seemed a little more scary to me than the one at Disney.

Mom in Times Square.

Seriously huge advertising.

Election Ad.

Like this fuzzy pic of lights...lots of activity near Times Square which I think is captured here.

About to see the show!

Here we go!

There's Mom.

Sign of Theatre.


Taken before we entered.  I was going to get my pic. here after the show but it was impossible to get close enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment