Thursday, October 4, 2012

Disney - Magic Kingdom

While in FL we decided to take the kids to Magic Kingdom.  It was a great day, a little on the hot side but not unbearably so.  We debated whether or not to take them since they are so young, but we are so glad we did.  Mikey had a great time and his favorite ride by far was Buzz Lightyear!! He went on 3 times and still talks about shooting Emperor Zurg with the gun and helping Buzz. 

We really had a great day and made so many memories.  Grandma Bette and Papa came along too, which was a huge help to us.

Magic Kingdom entrance.

Katie and Daddy riding the monorail.

Entrance to the actual park. Decorated for fall and Halloween.

First pic. inside the park.

There's that big, beautiful Cinderella castle!

These kids have no idea what's in store for them today!

Finally had to trade in my disney pass I've had since I was in 5th grade.

Upon closer inspection you can see the last time it was dated was March 19, 1994.  My whole family came here for a trip to all the theme parks then.


Family picture. :)
 
Papa and Daddy.
 
Ready to ride on Buzz.

Teacups.

We loved riding on Dumbo and playing in the glow in the dark, airconditioned play room while we waited to ride.




My big boy and I.  So Happy!

His face was like this all day.  I just love how this picture captured the magic at Magic Kingdom.

Mikey riding on the train with Grandma Bette.

Lots to discuss.

We even saw Buzz and Jesse on the train ride!  Mikey was thrilled.  Toy Story is one of his favorits.  Nemo is his other favorite (they are building a Nemo ride there now!)  We'll be back!


Pooh Bear Ride.

It's a small world hasn't changed a bit!

Katie was mesmerized by It's a Small World.

Mikey loved riding on rides with Daddy.

One of the many scenes during the ride.

Who needs a theme park when you have a water fountain.  Katie could have played in it all day.
Picture taken right after I lost my purse and still hadn't realized it yet.  (See no purse on the stroller).
 Luckily I realized my purse was missing after about 25 minutes.  I left it near the water fountain.  I ran like crazy to find it and the employees at the park really impressed me.  They said they kept an eye on it as soon as they saw it didn't have an owner near by to make sure someone didn't just pick it up and after 3 minutes they take it immediately to the Lost and Found.  I had to identify the contents before they handed it back over.  We were really freaked out that I left it behind.  It had everything in it.... driving glasses, car keys, cameras, a video recorder, my entire wallet, drivers license...everything!  Glad we got everything back!!

A beautiful view of Cinderella Castle while it was still sunny!

I love this picture too.  Great spot to talk to the kids about Disney and Mickey Mouse and Cinderella.

Trying to get a pic. of the kids with sculpted Mickey and Minnie in the background.
Bette and I.


Aren't they cute?!
 
 

This little gal fell asleep 3 times today. Just passed right out.

Still sleeping as we got on the Peter Pan ride.

We just had to get on the carousel too.

I rode with this cute kid!

Not sure what to think of her headband.

Pic. by the Pass and Stow Bell.

Dad wanted a pic. by it too.
Ended with a rainy evening.  Lots of Mickey pumpkins everywhere.

"Scary pumpkin" was what Mikey said.

This little gal didn't want to leave as she headed towards Cinderella's Castle.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment