Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Clearwater Beach

We decided to take a trip to Clearwater Beach, FL.  It's along the Gulf Coast (all of our first time along that coast except for Scott) and we had a blast! 

You'll notice in all the pictures it looks overcast but that's just the way we like it.  During the 90 minute drive there it was pouring buckets, I mean you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you.  We were hoping that the rain would stop for a bit and it did while we were at the beach but it didn't stop for long.  The water was super warm, actually warmer in the water than outside of the water. 

It was so much fun playing on the beach, and since it was raining we were the only ones on the beach so we didn't need to keep a super close watch on the kids to make sure they weren't stealing others toys.  I didn't get a ton of pictures of Mikey because he is a total water baby.  He was in the ocean most of the 2 hours we were there.  Katie loved walking on the sand picking up sea shells.  We all had a really great time. 

I don't think I'll forget the time I was swimming in the Gulf while it was raining!  What a gorgeous beach with fine white sand.  Hope to go back soon.

Overcast Tampa on our way to the beach.

We love the beach.

Papa and Mikey.

Jumping waves is one of his favorites when we are at the ocean.

Family pic.
Katie testing out the water.
Spinning in circles.
Happily splashing.
I always have a good time with the bug.
So glad someone else is taking the photos so I can be in a few.
Pointing to the tractor smoothing the sand on the beach.
Naked baby alert.
 I have a habit of doing this when I'm at the beach.
My super fresh crab legs for lunch.
It was sunny when we left!
Time for lunch. Scott came here years ago for spring break.
 I think his experience was a little different this time around.


She loved walking carefree.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment