Friday, October 19, 2012

Eli Zabar

Sick it was rainy and Mikey was sick we took a quick trip around the corner to my favorite grocery store in the city.  It's called Eli Zabar and everything there is super fresh, and delicious.  I drool over their local produce and their meats and fish selection is the best I've seen.  I also like the fact that when I enter it reminds me of going to farmer's markets back home, although this one is just inside....their concrete floors and made with love food.  They also have a restaurant upstairs that is known for their Sunday brunch....apparently Sunday brunch is what typical New Yorkers do.

Each time I've purchased food here the kids have eaten it all up, their stuffed chicken, lentil salad (kid's favorite), or any of their soups and I don't need to worry that the kids haven't eaten enough. 

This particular trip involved petting a lobster that the man took out just for Mikey to touch, tasting concord grapes, and grabbing a balloon.

Produce section.

Lots of little displays.

We love their salad bar.

Mr. Lobster.

She loves the balloons and asks for them when she sees them.


No comments:

Post a Comment