Saturday, November 2, 2013

Massannutten Resort

After driving through 6 states (CT, NY, NJ, PA, WV, VA) and 6.5 hours we finally made it to the Massannutten Resort in Virginia.  We drove past lots of interesting places, including Gettysburg, the exit I took to go to my college and even the historic New Market, VA (where we spent many days when my brother was in college). I thought our drive to upstate NY a few weeks ago was very pretty with the fall colors however, this trip was just breathtaking.  The colors on the trees seemed to be extra bright during the drive, completely saturated with color.  Just gorgeous!  I highly recommend a drive down there.  The best part is when you get into WV and VA the speed limit on the highway is 70!

The kids and I and Jamie and Bryan met Erica and baby  Joey at Massannutten Resort for a long 5 day weekend getaway.  Erica has a place down there at the four seasons resort and although it wasn't their peak season there was still an endless amount of options and activities to choose from.

We made it!



Mikey and Bryan opening gifts from Joey and Erica.

Everyone quick, jump on Jamie.
 The highlight of our nights.  The huge tub in one of the bathrooms.  Provided endless entertainment for the kids every night.








The kids loved the jets which created even more bubbles.


Erica, Joey, Katie and Mikey.

An awesome park with amazing views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.



Hello there.  There were over 30 miles of trails to hike.


Silly me.


Bryan and Jamie chilling with Joey.


Love him.  He loved covering himself with bubbles.

There was still more room in that tub.  Soo so big!


More tumbling around with Jamie.

I had the place to myself with the kids sleeping and Erica, Jamie Bryan and Joey still at the water park so I took advantage of the large living room to practice some arm balancing yoga poses.  This is called the 8 angle pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment