Friday, November 1, 2013

Hershey Park in the Dark

A day after Trick or Treating and the kids and I hopped in the car to drive down to PA on Friday and then continue our drive to VA on Saturday.  Friday night the kids and I along with my nephew Bryan and sister Jamie went to Hershey Park in the Dark.  You can check out their website (here).  Normally tickets are a little pricey but I received two tickets in my Hershey Half Marathon Packet and Devon gave me her two tickets and Katie was free so we all got in free (well I paid a hefty entry fee to the half marathon).

The weather was perfect and warm for late Oct/ early Nov.  It was Mikey's second time there, Katie's first time there and my first time there with both the kids.  I grew up going to Hershey Park every summer almost every day, getting season passes every year.  I haven't been to the park in a very long time, since I worked there in high school so to go there again and experience all the new rides and see it thru Mikey and Katie's eyes was really special.

We had so much fun.  The kids went on tons and tons of rides and I fell in love with roller coasters all over again.  I realized now that I'm older there is a little more fear mixed in with the excitement of going on a roller coaster but still thrilling.  Mikey went on his first REAL roller coaster (he went on a little one at St. Leo's Fair with Scott a few months ago) called the Trail Blazer and he loved it!  Katie's favorite was the hot air balloon ride and I loved all the roller coasters ( I rode on Fahrenheit and their newest roller coaster called Sky Rush) and the bumper cars.  Ahhh, I forgot how much fun those bumper cars were.

It was a lot of fun and we will have to go back with Scott, hopefully in the early summer before it gets to hot.

A cute way to measure the kids height.  At the beginning of each ride they have these signs posted so Mikey knows he he sees a hershey kiss at the beginning of the line then he can go on the ride.

Katie was a miniature.

At the beginning of the park.  We always ride the carousel first and/or last.

Yee-haw.

Checking out her horse in the mirror.

Bryan riding too.  For kids of all ages.

The starship ride! Jamie and Mikey rode.

Lots and lots of car and truck rides.


Bumper car.  I'm coming for you Bryan!

I was zipping around in my car and finally let Bryan T-bone me at the end.  Don't tell him I let him get me!

The Dizzy Drums is a classic.

This photo really freaked out the kids.  In the original Bryan has red eyes.  The kids looked at him differently the entire night after seeing this photo.

Riding on the train.

Waiting in line for the Trail Blazer.  His first major roller coaster.

On the Trail Blazer.

In the Hershey Kiss ride at the top you can see all of the park and downtown Hershey.

Hershey Park all light up at night.

Waiting in line for the antique cars and the kids climbing on the rails.

Mikey driving the antique car.

The swings.  I love this ride.

It changes to many different colors.

It's been a very long time since I've had a funnel cake.  Bryan and Katie gobbled it up.  Oh wait, what's that you're looking at Mikey?  What could be more interesting that funnel cake?!

A blue light saber!

He was one happy boy.  Used his birthday money to buy this.

Jamie and I.



We had a great time.  Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment