Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trauma....

I decided to plan an afternoon playdate with some of the moms on the East Side by taking a trip over to Roosevelt Island.   Mostly, because the tram ride looks like a lot of fun and we see the lighthouse on the end of the island at least 4 times a week from Carl Schurz and I've wanted to know what the view looks like from there.  We had a time and place set where we were all going to meet.  I decided to take the bus down and so I got out the Bumbleride stroller (since that breaks down easy for the bus ride) and I started to get the backpack ready.  Within 2 minutes (literally) Mikey climbed into the bumbleride and tipped the top back, falling directly on the hardwood floors.  His nose and mouth took a direct hit.  Blood pouring everywhere (Mikey's shirt, floor, all over me and on the stroller).  I immediately put Katie down (she had a fever from teething and screamed anytime I attempted to put her down.)  Once I had the bloody nose under control, my girlfriend came down (from a few floors up) to watch Katie, so I could get a better look at Mikey.

Needless to say at this point, Roosevelt Island wasn't going to happen....again.  We have tried twice now to get over there and for one reason or another it hasn't happened.  Maybe third times a charm or maybe we just shouldn't ever go there!

Mikey's nose and upper lip were super swollen and bruising was already occurring.  I took him to the doctors to make sure nothing was broken or fractured or cracked.  Everything looked okay to the doc. and later that evening Mikey felt like himself after lots of snuggling and kisses.  On the walk home from the docs. I found him the biggest popsicle I could find.  I think that helped too!

Hoping nothing like this happens again~


Like his big popsicle!


This pic. doesn't do it justice.  His lip was even bigger than it is here and his nose was bigger too.

Still sniffling a little. Trying to calm down after docs.

Seriously, isn't that the biggest pop you've ever seen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment