Thursday, August 9, 2012

Food Slump

Lately, I've been in a bit of a food slump.  I'm tired of making the same things over and over again.  Like all moms I have my standby recipes, but I've been wanting to expand my standby recipes for a while.  I love cooking and especially baking, but not when I have two kids who realize they are starving when I start making dinner.  So I've been making a conscious effort these past weeks to make some new dishes and snacks and they have all been surprisingly tasty!

Here's what I've been up to in the kitchen (the first 7 are from pinterest; I have been trying to make all these foods that I'm pinning!) (the next 5 are from a Kraft Magazine I have, but found a few of the recipes online):

Banana Smoothie
Key West Grilled Chicken
Tuscan White Bean Soup
BBQ Pulled Pork made with only 4 ingredients
Zucchini Tots
Chunky Monkey Banana Shake  - I literally made this everyday for 2 weeks!
Frozen Yogurt Drops  - Mikey calls these cookies and I don't have the heart to tell him differently.

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo  -  This was really delicious and (not heavy at all) everyone wanted seconds.  This is a new standby meal for me!
No cream creamy broccoli soup
Creamy Rice, Chicken and Spinach Dinner - This was delicious!
Foil Pack Chicken and Mushroom Dinner
Fish Cakes  - This is a great recipe because you can use different fish and add ins.














No comments:

Post a Comment