Monday, May 6, 2013

NYC Elite

There are plenty of over priced classes/events to do with your kids here in NYC but there are also lots of freebies too.....I'm always on the lookouts for the freebies.....I guess you could call me a mooch.  Anyway, this morning while Mikey was at school Katie and I tried out a gymnastics class just for her right next door at NYC Elite.

The first five minutes of class Katie was very clingy.  She cried and anytime I tried to put her down, she clung to me like a little monkey.  That is until I threw her into the foam pit.....which she loved.  From that point forward she had the time of her life!  Lots of different things to climb on and balance beams to walk across and tunnels to climb through.  She had so much fun but took everything very seriously.  She was a speedy demon.  She passed kids in the tunnel and was right on their heels on the balance beams and although she was the last kid to leave the start line when they ran across the gymnastics floor to smack the wall, she was the first to run back and sit back down where they began.  I only have a few pictures.  Honestly, we were having so much fun, I couldn't do anything but be in the moment.

I tried signing her up for the last 6 weeks of classes but they were all filled up.

I got her interested in the foam pit by using the foam blocks to stack.

She was so focused.


In she goes!

First time down the steep, long slide.  She was thrilled and would have been  happy doing that for an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment