Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ready for Surgery

I have my surgery scheduled for tomorrow at 10 am on Valentine's Day.  It's currently snowing really hard outside as we are weathering a Nor'easter right now.  We had a very busy couple of days this week between our usual schedule/school/speech/gym class, one final doctors appointment, our car breaking down....twice, running errands to beat this storm and driving the kids to PA and back.  Phew.  I wasn't sure where I'd find the time to get it all done, but here I am on Thursday, in a quiet house with no kids making noise, taking it easy, with very little to do today except wait, do a little cleaning and laundry, shovel, pray we can make it into NYC tomorrow and make some meals.  I'm trying to stay busy and not think about the surgery and I know it will all be over before I know it.

I'm actually not worried about the surgery itself, but am a little apprehensive about the recovery part.  Scott said to consider it as "vacationing on pain pills!"  He always knows how to make me laugh and lighten a situation.  Hoping in two weeks I feel like a new person who can breath!

In the meantime I'll be resting here....I just purchased a new cozy down comforter, a duvet, and even have fancy Euro Shams and a new fur body pillow.  For some reason this makes me feel a little more like an adult.  Now we just need a new headboard to complete the look.  Hoping to make our bedroom feel a little more like a sanctuary.....as the kids get older the days seem to be more hectic so it's nice to have a relaxing place after they go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment