Friday, February 7, 2014

Play dates with old and new friends

We have some pretty amazing friends in the area.  They are more than willing to send a message, or call you or rearrange their schedules to help you out and I am so thankful that I have friends that I can turn to when family isn't near.  Since finding out the results of my CT Scan and my pending surgery, I have had
more than my fair share of doctors appts. in the last two weeks.

Luckily, all it took was asking a few friends if they would be willing to watch my kids for an hour or two while I ran to the doctors and every time I asked, they said Yes!




Mikey, Katie and neighbor Evelyn make a cute band.

Evelyn and Katie.
 One day while at Stepping Stones Museum, Mikey and this other little girl were playing together.  It was so cute to watch, as it seemed like they just naturally gravitated toward one another and were playing so well.  I spoke to their care giver for a few minutes while trying to juggle watching two kids....just like I've done a hundred times before but me and this caregiver seemed to really hit it off and after 5 minutes she asked if we do play dates and I said "YES!"  It turns out that this caregiver Vickie, was their Nanny and the family had just moved to a neighboring town from NYC one month ago and didn't know anyone.  So, a week later and we invited everyone over and it was really a blast!  Here's to Mikey and Katie making new friends and a new friend for me as well!
Elly, Abby and Mikey.


Abby was obsessed with all the baby dolls we had.  I'm glad someone is playing with them!  She is almost 2 and has such a sweet voice.


Vicki is being the patient while everyone plays doctor on her.

No one likes shots.

Vicki sent me this pic. of the girls.  After a 2 and a half hour play date, I think everyone felt like this!

We popped by to see Jack and Maddy in our old building in NYC for 20 minutes.  Everyone picked up right where we left off.

Sneaky Katie trying to climb on the top bunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment