Saturday, August 31, 2013

St. Leo's Fair


I don't even know where to begin with this post, we just had way to much fun.  My mom pointed out to me in our church bulletin that another church close by was holding their annual fair.  I grew up going to my church fair and so I knew how fun it was and had fond memories and Scott remembers some fairs that he went to so we thought it was a great way to spend an evening, or two and really enjoy the weather, living in CT, making new memories, creating new experiences for everyone and enjoying our family.

Mikey and I had our usual Mommy and son outting (while Scott and Katie hung out) and so we decided to check out the fair and see what everyone was talking about on Friday evening.  Mikey was so interested and we had to look at everything.  I think he was also pretty excited that he got to stay up a little later and be outside when it was dark out.   He even had a little cotton candy (don't tell Katie), well okay maybe a lot of cotton candy.  Seriously it was as long as his arm.  Don't worry I didn't let him eat it all.

Looking at the big kid/adult rides.

look at that focus.  He was trying hard to aim.  The dad helping his kid won but Mikey still had fun.


Yeah, look at the size of that thing.  He was in heaven.


Checking out the kiddie rides.  We will be back the next night with Katie and Scott.



So the following evening the four of us hopped in the car (I really enjoyed typing that just now, as opposed to sweating in the subway) and drove to St. Leo's fair to spend the late afternoon, evening and ride some rides and eat food and dance to music and play games.

It was hot hot hot and humid.  We were about 10 feet from the camera and you can see how hazy it was in the pic.

First ride of the night.  We bought a pretty hefty ticket package so the kids were able to ride all the rides.

Katie's very first ride, ever.  She loved them all!!!!



Mikey eventually opted to sit with Katie.







First roller coaster ride ever.  He only wanted to go with Daddy.

 So the ferris wheel was an interesting experience. Mikey saw it first on Friday evening and was talking about going on it with Scott all Saturday.  It was very old looking and rickety.  Gulp.  I guess we are going on.  Normally, I love all rides, roller coasters, things that spin fast and go upside down.  No issues here but I was nervous getting on this.  Guess I am getting old.

,
Scott and Mikey got on first.

I couldn't believe they let someone so little on.  Basically a wide seat belt for Katie and I and a metal bar was all that was keeping us held in 100 feet in the air.


Up up and away.  

The view from the top.  To the right of the colored tent were the kid rides and the white tents held food.  The large white tent in the background held lots of tables and a live band.


Scot and Mikey going down.  Those are my toes.


Yes, finally we rode on the dinosaurs.  Katie was talking about them for about an hour before we made our way over there.

Don't be fooled.  This went pretty fast around in circles and up and down on a little track.

The kids had ice cream and we have a burger.  Now it's time to dance.

Dancing to the live band.

Surprise.  The seniors sitting at the table next to us got their entertainment from my kids.

Round 2 at the water gun game.  

After 3 tries and $9 spent.  He still didn't win but sure had fun!

Until next year St. Leo's fair.  It was fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment