Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last day before school

I really wanted to soak up everything on the day before the kids start school (I know it's not official but to me that signifies the end of summer).    We went to the Stamford Nature Center, out for lunch, caught fireflies in the late evening in our yard and laughed, giggled, told each other secrets, yelled, ran, climbed, hugged (each other and pigs),ate Popsicles that made us shiver and turn our tongues colors, bathed and told each other we love them.  It was such a joyful day being able to put everything aside for the day and just really enjoy the kids and reflect on how big they are getting and noticing things that they can now do with ease that they couldn't do a few weeks ago.  I know I hear it all the time but time just slips right on by.  So I'm thankful for being able to spend such a lovely day with my lovely kids.  It was an almost perfect day, except maybe next year Daddy could take off.  Then it really would be a perfect day.


Mikey is all dirty.  Why you ask?  Because he actually got to go in the pig pen and play with the little baby pigs. (There was a volunteer there.) Mikey had the special touch as all the baby pigs who were playing in the mud wanted to rub up against Mikey.  He loved it.  Another girl was there and was pretty upset that the pigs ignored her.

A boo boo on her knee wasn't stopping her from having fun and enjoying her pop.

Totally care free and I love it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment