Friday, September 14, 2012

Playground Romps Friday

This past Tuesday and Friday the weather has been so nice that I've been taking the kids outside all day, literally. We have breakfast, get dressed, the kids play while I pack snacks and lunch and out we go!


This Friday I took the kids to James Michael Levin Playground near 77th and 5th in Central Park.  It was my first time taking the kids there even though we walked past it numerous other times.  Most of those other times involved us going to another playground to meet friends.  It wasn't quite as kid friendly as I would have liked, but it did the trick for 45 minutes while the kids played in the sandbox and swung on the swings.  We then went to Diana Ross playground (81st and Central Park west).  Not a huge fan of this playground either as the playground equipment itself is geared towards older children.  I decided I would then take them to Tecumseh Playground on 77th and Amsterdam, thinking that the size was perfect and the playground equipment was perfect and it would have been perfect had it not been closed to school children only!! 

My friend who lives on the west side then suggested I check out the River side Playground.  It was only another 3 blocks west and since I was all the way over on the West Side I figured another 3 blocks didn't make a difference.  I'm glad we went!  It was just the right size, had kids Mikey and Katie's all all over and had a huge sandbox with lots of toys in it.  (No matter how many trucks or sandbox toys we bring from home Mikey is always interested in the other kids toys.)

I stopped at this place called Luke's Lobster for lunch and had a really yummy lobster roll.  I don't think it was $15 yummy but I'm glad I tried it and it satisfied my seafood craving.  We used to go to Maine on the weekends when we lived in New Hampshire all the time and had the best seafood and so going to Luke's definitely reminded me of those times.  A little taste of Maine right in the heart of NYC.

I pushed the stroller filled with two sleeping kiddos back through Central Park and enjoyed my lunch near the turtle pond, that the kids then played at for a little bit once they woke up.  Then it was back home by 3:30.  We had an early dinner and early bed time! 

Sorry for the lack of pictures recently, I just haven't been in a picture taking mood.

She might be a little princess, but she loves to get dirty.

She loves to help me bury Mikey's feet.

A quick stop on way to Diana Ross to check out the trains.

River Side Playground had super cute elephants.

Luke's Lobster Menu.

My yummy Lobster Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment