Saturday, September 22, 2012

NYRR

There are a bunch of new KPMG moms who just moved to the city in July and there is a good mix of runners and walkers.  For the past 6 weeks or so we have been meeting early in Central Park every Sunday morning for our run.  It's been so much fun to chat and run at the same time.  I can't believe the distance we can cover. 5, 6, 7 miles fly by because we are sooo busy being "Chatty Kathy's". 

I'm trying to get back into running and have always found running relaxing for me and gives me time to decompress.  My "reset" button, if you will. 

I've signed up for a few races and joined New York Road Runners Club; hoping to find the motivation/inspiration to start training for the NYC Half Marathon next March.  I ran in the Denver Half Marathon before I had kids in Oct. 2008 and would love to be in that kind of shape again!!

I ran my first race today called the "5th Avenue Mile."  It's a quick mile that is from 80th street to 60th street right on Fifth Avenue.  Super fun and quick race, although I prefer a 5K or 10K distance. I am not built for speed! You can read all about the race itself here.

My goal for this race was to finish in under 8:30. Considering I have only been running on Saturdays and Sundays, I thought this was a good goal.  I checked my official time for the race and it was 7:29.  I was pleasantly surprised! Until the next race....


The cheerleaders were hilarious. Going wild and really cheering.

My sweaty self after the race.

View from past the finish line.

About to start the race.

This was the 40-49 age group of women running. They all looked so young.


The leaders of the mens 30-39 age group ran after us.  They had huge strides. We were at the 200 meter left mark and I looked at the time and it said 4.13. So impressive to watch them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment