Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bikes - SOLD!

So we have been promising the kids for weeks that we'd buy them bikes once our house in Chicago sold...and for weeks they have been asking if we sold our house yet.  We haven't yet closed on the home but all the paperwork is settled and now we just have to wait for the close date, so we considered our Chicago home to be sold for the kids sake.

We have been looking at bikes for a while to purchase and couldn't believe how expensive some of them are, especially considering the kids will out grow them quickly.  I decided to also check out postings on Craigslist in our area for any bikes for sale that could potentially work for the kids and found an awesome bike for Mikey that was for sale right down the road.  I also found a bike for Katie off of Craigslist too and so that day we went for a ride to buy bikes!

The kids were confused at first about the fact that we were going to someones home and not a store to buy a bike but once they saw what we were there to buy they didn't seem to mind!

The woman I was going to buy the bike from for Katie ended up having a scooter as well, so Katie picked out the scooter once I gave her the option and she is a happy, happy girl!

They are so proud of their new mode of transportation!
Mikey's bike was a definite score on Craigslist!  I found a Haro Bike for him for $40 - in brand new condition.  I just had to use a hair dryer to get a few stickers off.  I later learned that this same bike is for sale for $220 retail!!! I couldn't believe how much I saved!  I love Craigslist and the kids love their new bike and scooter.

Mikey helped me put some training wheels on his bike.

Those bolts were on there pretty tight.  I love this picture.  Here Mikey is yelling "AAAARRRRGGGHH!" as he uses all of his strength to try and turn the bolt.  He's such a boy.

Training wheels on and off he goes!

The 16 inch bike is a great fit and he has some room to grow.

He picked out the helmet himself.  The tank on the top is for shooting tornadoes, just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment