Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dips

MY. KIDS. LOVE. DIP!

I go through so much ketchup it's ridiculous.  Katie especially loves it, I mean really loves it and I often find her just sticking her finger into it and licking it off.

Hummus....that's another home run.  Usually we have it at lunch time with baby carrots and Mikey usually dips one for one but Katie will sometimes triple or quadruple dip her carrot in the hummus before taking a bit of carrot.

They even love this lemon garlic aioli I make.....that's how I get them to eat roasted brussel sprouts!

Throwing some tarter sauce on fish makes it go down super easy and squirting a pile of BBQ sauce on their plates makes their chicken disappear.

I'm slowly learning as I go what the tricks of the trade are...I'm really trying to stick to my guns and make the kids eat what I prepare instead of me catering to their kid taste buds.  I want them to eat a variety of foods and not just chicken nuggets and I've been finding that adding dip to our meal means less protests from the kids and they happily eat what I make....usually, but not always.  We still have plenty of fits over what I serve and when.

No, you cannot have french fries at breakfast and a popsicle an hour later!  Speaking of french fries, a "hot," make their ears perk up word in our house seems to be a food they always want.  I noticed if I call something french fries they will usually eat it. Now obviously I don't call green beans french fries but if I make home fries for breakfast and call them french fries the kids will eat it.  If I serve veggie sticks for lunch and call them french fries the kids will eat it.

Wahoo!!  This momma is not above tricking her kids to get them to eat and learning what those tricks are is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment