Thursday, October 24, 2013

Warrup's Farm

It's been a busy time at school.  We have had parent's night where the kids showed Scott and I how hard they have been working.  There was artwork hanging all over the place, literally dripping everywhere.  We also have an upcoming Family's Pot Luck Dinner and Pumpkin decorating event, there is a Trunk or Treat Event (where I'm guessing families park in the parking lot and hand out candy from their cars to all the kids dressed in costumes.  It seems to be a popular event around here in CT), both kids have Halloween Parties at school and costume parades and Mikey had his first field trip to Warrup's Farm in Redding, CT.

I'll share some of those events with you soon but I wanted to tell you all about Mikey's first field trip.  I scheduled a play date between Katie and one of her friends from school so that I could attend the field trip with Mikey and his classmates and teachers and other parents.  (Warrup's Farm) was a very cute little place to take the kids.  And I do mean little.  It looked like someone just plopped down a red barn and another little shed in the middle of a field and added a few farm animals and called it a farm.  It was plenty perfect for 3 and 4 and 5 year old's to run around and explore on their own without us parent's having to worry about them getting lost.

Here's the farm!

Our hay ride awaits!

It was really cold outside!

Sitting in my lap to keep me warm.

My first hay ride with this guy.  Love his smile!

The hay ride took us to this barn down the road that was filled with hay bales that made a maze.  



The kids had fun running through the maze.

Mikey and his best friend from school, Parker.

A huge pony and an even bigger goat that was lying down in this photo.

Time to pick a pumpkin.  Mikey picked out the biggest one he could find.

So strong.

Lifting another one.

He didn't want this one because it was dirty.


They had another huge field of shoulder high wheat with different trails packed down that the kids could run around in.  Give Mikey some space and he'll take off.  That's Parker and Beckett in the foreground watching Mikey run!

Can't believe I captured this sweet moment on camera.


Best friends Parker and Mikey holding hands.

There were cute signs like this posted everywhere.


Mikey went for a walk in the woods and fields behind my parent's home last weekend with my brother and sister and nephew and they walked through a huge field full of Indian corn and Mikey brought me back just one ear of corn.  I was hoping for at least 2 more so I could make a cute door decoration. Seriously in a huge field and I only got one?!  Better than nothing I guess!

CT is such a beautiful area to drive around in the fall.  Just picturesque.  This is where the kids enjoyed snack and running off some endless energy.

Mikey and Parker exploring on their own.


So thankful I was able to experience today with Mikey and make meaningful memories.  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment