Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Saturday Running Buddy

I've been getting in the habit of running on Saturday mornings in Central Park with my best buddy!  She is really sweet, doesn't complain, smiles at all the runners, kicks her little feet in the stroller as we run!

The weather hasn't been to oppressive in the early morning so I've been throwing Katie in the stroller after breakfast and off we go.  It gives me some one on one time with Katie and Daddy gets some special time with Mikey.  It's nice when we can do things with the kids seperately. 

On a side note:  I tried taking Mikey running with me in the evening through Central Park (usually I just hop on the treadmill downstairs in our gym) and as soon as we got to the park he was barking orders as to where he wanted me to run....couldn't make up his mind....there was no pleasing him so we just ran back home.  I did get a little work out in since it's about .8miles to get to the park from our place but I won't be taking him with me again...at least for a while.

Our warm up is over, about to get our run on in Central Park with my running buddy.

Setting up for the Aquaphor NYC Triathlon...which is an Olympic Distance Race.

She's the one who actually does all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment