Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A day at the beach

We all decided to get out of the city for a day and head to Jones Beach.  This time we went with friends Mary and her son Quinn and Ashley and her two kids, Andrew and Ryan. It was as close to a perfect beach day as you could get (minus Scott having to work).  It was cloudy, overcast mostly with short pops of the sun, not too windy, the water wasn't too cold, we had friends to play with, holes to be dug, beach toys to be played with, lunch to be had and waves to be jumped.  The kids were behaved and I remembered to put sun screen on them BEFORE we left.  I'm learning.  :)

I was even able to go into the ocean with Mikey while Katie was being watched.  Mikey loved the rythmic up and down of the waves and didn't care if a wave or two crashed right on us.  We stayed in about 10 minutes before I had to drag him out.  Although I didn't think the water was that cold, he was shivering and had blue lips. He loved it.  I'm looking forward to going to the beaches in FL in October, knowing now that Mikey loves to go into the ocean. 

I made sure to get some pics. of both kids down by the ocean this time.

As soon as you put her on the blanket, she's off.

Playing with buddy Quinn.

They are so cute together. 

Enjoying a snack.

Rubbing sand in her eyes.  You can see the boys digging a hole in the background.  This pic. gives you a good idea of how cloudy it was.  Perfect for the kids.  Even me (I'm not a huge fan of blasting sun anymore.)

Found a mountain of sand to play on.

Ryan smiling. 

Katie smiling.


Baby Quinn is the same size as Katie and is 5 months younger.  Isn't he adorable!?

Running away from the waves.

Waiting for a wave to catch him.

He loved chasing the waves.

Katie was constantly trying to crawl into the ocean.

She loves to water.

Splish splash.

So glad she is a water baby.

Ashley and Ryan.

Cold after swimming in the ocean.

The kids and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment