Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Surviving the last few days of summer.

Some days it's felt like a long summer and other days it felt like summer was flying by.  Some days were packed to the brim, trying to cram in lots of stuff like it was our last free day and other days we did absolutely nothing.

Most days I heard from one or both kids "This is the best day ever!"  Ahhh, what more could I want during summer than to hear that.  I definitely try to make an effort to be an active mom, and treat every day as an adventure, and treat every opportunity as a learning or teaching moment.  Most days I succeeded and some days we all needed a rest.

 But.....the end of summer is approaching for us and the kids are getting antsy and sick of me.  It was filled with making messes, running wildly at the beach, back to school shopping, making more messes, bugging the dog, etc.  As for me I'm looking forward to school starting, having a structured schedule and for the kids to make new friends, learn and try some sports.

Mikey spent a good hour drawing with a white board crayon all over his toys and on the couch, walls and these cloth bins.  I got it off everything except the bins!  That smiley face is taunting me!

"Hey kids....hope you are playing nicely", I yelled while upstairs cleaning!  This is what I came downstairs too!  The explanation from the kids "Oh, it's just a pretend pile of a mess."


Chasing the seagulls at the beach.

She desperately tried catching them.

Freezing water...no problem!

He has finally come around to taking pictures again...now if only I can get Katie to look at the same time!

Today was meet the teacher day.  I always seem to dress Katie in matching clothes.

Pool party at the neighbors.  Awesome pool kept us cool on a hot and humid day.

She found the stash of dark chocolate peanut butter cups!  I have to find a new hiding place or better yet...stop buying them!




No comments:

Post a Comment