Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hope in Motion

Today I ran in a race right here in Stamford, CT called Hope in Motion.  It's a fundraiser to raise money for the Cancer Center here in Stamford. All of their fundraising efforts go towards sustaining their programs and services to those dealing with or affected by cancer.

There is a 5k race, 10k race, bike ride or walk.  I choose to do the 10K race and after lap 1 I was almost regretting it.  It was so hot in the blazing sun and I wanted to give up and walk but I didn't and I thought of my father-in-law Bill who passed from cancer 3 years and 4 days ago and he helped me push through and run my fastest time yet!  Thanks Bill for the support!  We miss you and think of you often.  This run was for you!

Official time was 57:47 for an average of 9:27 minute mile.

Registered and ready to begin.

Our tribute to you Bill.


The tribute wall will slowly fill up. 

Starting line.  

There were lots of large groups there but I was running by myself.  That's my favorite way to run.

A map of the course.  It's one lap for the 5k and two laps around downtown Stamford for the 10k.
Post run.  6.2 miles in the hot sun.  I'm glad this shade is hiding my tomato red face and my soaking wet clothes.


Lots of people, vendors, food and activities for the whole family to enjoy!  I'll definitely be doing this next year and maybe with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment