Friday, June 6, 2014

Cook your buns off run!

Scott had a function in the city tonight.  Whenever he has something after work it makes it a long day for me and the best way I know to shorten my day is by getting out there and living life by doing something!

A few weeks ago I came across this race in Greenwich, CT and thought it would be a lot of fun. I knew a few other people who were running it in but I didn't sign up because of the unpredictable weather.  I didn't want to pay and then have it be rained out, so I waited until the day of to sign the kids up.  It was a 5K run for the adults ( I didn't run since it was just me) and a 1 mile run for the kids.

The last time the kids did a run was in October 2013 at the Hershey Kids Run (30 yards).  Mikey wanted no part of it because of the large crowd and Katie did it but half walked/ran.  She was still so little and only 26 months old.

It was time to try again, especially because the kids have now seen me run in a few races.  Surprisingly, they did awesome.  At the start we were all excited and I was able to run with them.  Their were parents lined up in the first hundred yards cheering, and that scared Katie so much that she started crying.  Meanwhile Mikey took off!  I carried Katie for a minute or two while chasing Mikey and then once we hit the sandy beach she ran the rest of the way herself.

After the race, the kids had hot dogs, sausage, oranges, popcorn, pasta salad and water!
Great Job kids!!!

Here is a link for the race they did  (link). They did the Whole Foods Cook your Buns off Race!

Ready with their t-shirts and race bibs.

Stretching before.


Lots of people.

At the starting line!

And we're off!


Running along the coast. What a gorgeous view at Tod's Point, Greenwich, CT.

Even a view of Manhattan in the distant background.

Running more!

Mikey is taking a breather while Katie catches up!

We weren't too far behind and were gaining quickly!  I think my kids are built more for distance than speed.

Trying her best and doing great!

It was hot so the shirt came off!

Picnic dinner post race.

Gorgeous views of the Long Island Sound.

At Tod's Point Beach post race.  You need a resident sticker to access this beach any other time so since we were here we stopped!

Playing life guard.


A really great beach and so serene.

The clothes slowly came off.



I wouldn't let him go in naked...so ..

...he made due with his underwear on.


He really loves to just walk in the water.



Katie was getting wet too so her clothes came off.

We had a great night and the kids slept soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment