Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gingerbread House and Train

I feel like I have to be doing something every single day with the kids, but today I resisted my impulses and we had a low key Saturday.We busted out our Gingerbread kit today to make a house and train and decorate them both.  The kit was fool proof and came with all the candy to decorate.  The kids especially enjoyed it and have been sneaking little candies ever since.  After day 2 Mikey realized that the house and train were made out of actual cookies and now we only have half a roof!  This might have to go in the garbage soon or I need to find a higher spot to put it.  It's almost half gone and it's been only 4 days.  No wonder I can't get them to eat dinner!  We also rented Planes (a movie) to watch on TV.  The kids loved it!

Scott putting the house together.


Mikey was our little helper...when he wasn't eating candy.


Asking for only 2 more pieces of candy.


Katie helping me put together the train.

Time to decorate.  This was great for them to use their little muscles to pinch the little candies.

Mikey even decorating too instead of just eating.

Under the big blanket, ready for a movie.

Planes on TV.


Our decorated train.


Our decorated ginger bread house.

No comments:

Post a Comment