Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve in NYC

Scott and I happily drove back to NYC without the kids.  My parents graciously offered to watch them so Scott and I could have a whole 3 days in the city by ourselves.  Yes, I'd be lying if I'd say I wasn't looking forward to these 3 days for months, literally.  Wouldn't you know, almost as soon as we found a parking space my Mom call and say that my Dad fell and broke his hip.  So our 3 days turned into 2 days.  My Mom insisted that I stay in NYC and that her and my brother and sister had everything covered.  So thanks guys for watching them while we let loose on the town.

One evening we went to The Little Owl in West Village.  While there we noticed group after walking tour group of people taking pictures of the building.  I didn't know what they were taking a picture of so I googled it and the restaurant is actually on the ground floor of the building that the sitcom "Friends" was based on.  Pretty cool!  Oh and the food and atmosphere was amazing and I loved that they brought out a little book for you to draw in, sign your name in or write a little something in with the check.  It felt like our little secret place in the city.  Very romantic and relaxing.

We enjoyed brunch, walking around the city, tapas and great rose sangria at El Porron, had an amazing late dinner at the Porter House in Columbus Circle followed by celebrating the ball drop!  We are kinda pathetic in that this was the second time in five years that we have stayed awake to watch the ball drop so that in itself was an acomplishment!

I even splurged on this $500 Saachin and Babi dress for NYE!!  Okay, okay, for those of you who know me, know I would never spend that much on a dress....but I would spend $80 renting it for a few days!  Courtsey of Rent the Runway!  So glad I found this site, and pefect for wanting a special occassion dress you know you won't get many uses out of.

We also saw a broadway play called Nice Work If You Can Get It which had Matthew Broderick in it and a few other famous actors.  It was hilarious, entertaining and had a great story and lead actors/actresses.  Recommed it!

Sorry for such a poor quality pic. But this was the Little Owl and building from Friends.

Ready to see a show.

Times Square the nite before the big event! There was a huge stage and cattle fences everywhere.

Yet another stage in Times Square.  Nivea signs everywhere.

My Saachin and Babi dress.

It was a really cute dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment