Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Katie 15 month checkup and monthly photo

Today we had Katie's 15 month checkup at the doctors.  She was so wiggly and squirmy and screaming....just not a great patient.  She tried getting into everything!  She received 3 shots and told the nurse, "NO!" after each shot and between cries.  The entire way home she repeatedly said "Owie."

Her stats are:

21 lbs. 2.5 oz.
29 inches long

putting her in the 25%-30% bracket for both weight and height.

For a comparison, Mikey at her age was 22 lbs. and 30 inches long.


At 15 months Katie:
  • Loves to brush her teeth.  If I let her we'd be brushing them at least 5 times a day!
  • Must point to everything on the floor and say "Yuck" or "Yucky" or "Ewww". It makes me feel like our house is constantly dirty although I vaccum every day!
  • She loves playing with her brother and recently they have been playing really well together.  I still always have to supervise.
  • She still loves reading books and I catch her flipping through them all the time.
  • She is becoming less and less interested in Mikey's toys and wants to play with dolls more and more.  She'll rock them and say "Rock baby" meaning  "Rock a bye baby."
  • She is very busy and independent and will adamently shake her head No while saying "No" just to make sure she gets her point across.
  • She falls asleep now with Baby Glow Worm...who snuck in there after I stopped nursing.
  • She is saying  new words all the time...some of which I'm not sure where she learned them from... like "pickle." 
  • Her hair is growing longer but still not quite ready for a chop....she refuses to wear a hair clip to hold her bangs back and she'll take it out and walk straight to her room and open the top dresser drawer and throw it in there....it's where we keep them.
  • She loves singing the ABC's.  Mostly I hear, A,B,C,D,E, J, K, Q,R,S,T,U,V, Now I, my A,B,C.  I will have to get it on video soon.
It's her turn soon.

Of course she can't just sit on the table.

Photo op time.

He snuck in there and wanted his pics. taken too.  I was more than happy since he normally won't let me take any.

Love him.  He still lays in "Koala Bear" pose.

Swinging back and forth on the chair!

Not to happy to sit and smile for me.

Wait, I got one!

Not sure if she should smile or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment