Saturday, June 13, 2015

Hi-Ho-Hi-Ho it's off on a hike we go

On my way to Whole Foods to stock up on some fruit and veggies, I spotted this little park off the side of the road and on impulse decided to pull over and explore a little.  I'm so glad I did.  It taught the kids about spontaneity, and how sometimes the best things are things you just stumble across.  It was such a cool little trail in the middle of a dense and lush forest.  It also had a gorgeous stream with huge boulders and the sounds of waterfalls were all around.

The start of our hike.  The kids had fun looking for the orange triangles, marking the path.


I love taking these two on adventures, no matter how small, it's always an experience and chance to make memories.


Taking a break by the waterfalls.  I plan on coming back with a picnic lunch to enjoy on one of the flatter boulders.

Throwing things into the stream to make ripples and see the fish and frogs jump.

Time for him to take charge.  The kids switched off and on being the hiking leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment