Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Entering the realm of drop off play dates

Michael and Katie and I experienced our first drop off play date.  We brought home Michael's best friend Rohan from school and those two boys played like boys all afternoon.  We have a blast and it's so fun to see them interact and show their personalities.  Katie followed them around like a little puppy and didn't at all seem concerned that she was the third wheel.  

We played croquet.


Gave each other hugs.
 In the photo below, we were walking around our neighborhood and the kids decided to trample through every leaf pile they came across.  Michael and Rohan were looking for Mikey's brand new shoe that he lost in this pile.  It as like searching for a needle in a hay stack. It was the biggest pile I think I've ever seen.  After 20 minutes we were on the verge of giving up but then it magically appeared.  While I was helping secure his shoe so that it wouldn't fall off again, I saw Katie throw her shoe in the pile out of the corner of my eye!  Luckily, I saw where she threw it.  Little stinker!

We went for a hike and played in the huge piles of leaves.  

And more...

....and more....


And more hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment