Sunday, April 6, 2014

The best laid plans

Today I was signed up to run the Threads and Treads Half Marathon in Greenwich, CT.  I was excited and looking forward to the small (500 runners) race near the coast in the quite town of Greenwich on an early spring Sunday morning but with kids I almost forgot about the unpredictability factor.

With kids you just never know what's going to happen no matter how well you plan and often the best laid plans don't go according to plan when it includes kids.

As of Friday both kids have had a cough for a week now and that seemed to spread to me a few days ago.  Ut-oh.  No.  I can't be sick, but I am.  There is just no way, I'm able to run in a half marathon that I put minimal training into and now with a nasty cough and congestion on top of it and horrible sleep that it just isn't going to happen.

It's okay though.  I'm looking forward to bigger and better things like.............

................................

.............................................................

.........................................................................................

......................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................


The NYC Marathon!!!!  I secured a coveted entry via the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and am excited, scared, nervous and excited!

I am hoping to reach out for support in the coming weeks so stayed tuned and I will be in touch with you.  I have lots of plans in the works already and know that November 2nd will be here before I know it!


My invitation to participate in the Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!!!! I am beyond excited for you and can't wait to cheer you on!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete