Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Brain Surgery

Out of the blue one day Mikey asked me about brain surgery.  Sometimes this kid has a one track mind. he wanted to know what it was, how it works, etc.

After a very brief education on it, (I tried to nip that topic in the butt) he said: "I wish you had brain surgery."  What?!
We don't say that.  Then he said that he wished he had brain surgery.

I decided it was time to teach him a little bit more about it because I felt like if he really knew what it was then he wouldn't say those things.

We learned about brain surgery, where the brain is, what the brain does, what protects the brain, a few brain parts and watched an age appropriate youtube video on 10 tips for a successful surgery for kids.  I think they get the idea now.

The stuff they come up with!



Looking at different brain images on the computer.

Katie even learned a little bit too.


No comments:

Post a Comment