Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Making Play doh

The kids love to do play doh.  We usually play with it on the weekends or during the week if it's been a long day and I just need to keep them occupied for 30-45 minutes.  After looking at their store bough play doh I realized that half of it was long ago workable or semi dried out.  Even if it's a little dried out, it crumbles when getting played with into a million little pieces that I then have to sweep up, so I decided to make my own play doh tonight.

It was easier than I thought and the consistence was just like the store bought kind.  I followed this recipe (here).  My only complaint was that my fingers were nice and stained after using food coloring to make the play doh all different colors.

About to color the dough.  The kids liked squirting the colors into the little thumbprint holes.

Katie wanted pink and purple.




No comments:

Post a Comment