Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summertime Shenanigans

In between summer camp weeks we've been quite busy.  I've been cramming in stuff that we'd typically do over June-July-August into just June-July.  It's been challenging with the heat, schedules and being so pregnant but we've been making it work!  Here's some random photos of what we've been up to during July!

Slip and Slide and Fall down.
Happy Birthday to our friend Jack!

He picked out a new hat to protect his face and shield his eyes from the sun.

Playing castles and puppies on an early morning.
The kids spent so much time in our back yard this year.  We finally have a nice, quiet back yard where they can play independently without me having to be out there every second.  It's nice and shaded most of the afternoon too so I don't constantly need to be washing my hands of the greasy sunscreen that I would otherwise have to apply on them.
Slip N Slide in our backyard.  



After the third time he did it...I had a word with the ice cream truck man.  Did he really need to PARK outside of my home every Friday afternoon at 5pm like clockwork when I'm trying to make a healthy dinner?

Please Mom?!

Getting creative with the toilet paper.

We spent lots of time at local farmers markets.  Most times we didn't buy but one or two things but these squash blossoms looked so pretty and they tasted even better!

More birthday parties to celebrate our friends.  

This particular party had a bounce house.  Katie was in it the entire time!


Our deck definitely got its fair share of usage out of us this summer.  Morning spent having breakfast, lots of lego building, coloring, puzzles, doing our summer workbooks, me reading, kids doing mazes and also card games.

I am protesting him growing!  He wants to be older (cue sideways hat), I want him to stay young (dressed him in Thomas the Train.)

A fest for the eyes....I am one hungry, pregnant Momma!  

Lots of time spent riding bikes and playing hockey.  Here he's taking his bike for a spin sans training wheels.

Playdates... were also pretty regular.  Here is Mikey and Evan (lives across the street) building Legos.  They both L.O.V.E  LEGOS!

Daddy and his three girls.

Every now and again a kid will get a hold of my phone.


Katie getting what she calls a "Huggle" from Daddy.

Daily love between these guys.

Summer time soccer practice.  These two got their very own lesson as they were the only ones who showed up to practice!

We are so blessed to live around such kind and giving people.  Mikey and Katie spent many hours in our neighbor back yard jumping on their trampoline and learning how to play badminton.


My pregnant belly searched for something sweet at Whole Foods and found these caramels made out of coconut milk.  Delicious!
Michael was really mad at me for a reason that escapes me at the moment.  He was so mad that he drew a heart and then an "X" overtop of it to show his discontent with me.  I love the way 5 year olds express themselves.  
Computer time at the library.  Our town library is so cute and has a very colonial and coastal feel to it.

Taking in a summertime reading class at the library on a late evening.

We came upstairs to find this guy asleep in our bed with his little Lego figurines too!


Very rare ice cream sandwiches to get me through a rough day.  Evan came to play which also helped!

Summertime party with friends and a little; I mean tiny pool!

Learning how to play corn hole with the men.



Practicing big sister duties....like giving Baby Elise her bottle.

Some grain free, gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookies. Delicious!

Breakfast for dinner is a sure fire way to ensure there is no complaining at the dinner table.
Fun with friends! They would race down the hill on these over and over and over again.


My kids are always the first to the table.





No comments:

Post a Comment