Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend Roundup

Mother's Day was filled with church, shopping, slides, sun, bears, parks, paint, hugs, a card, kisses, sunset and food that I didn't have to cook!  Confused as to how all that can fit into one day?  Well it did, except for the paint and shopping!  Let me explain.....

On Saturday, we did our usual in the morning, which is going to Carl Schurz Park.  We had some silly time in the morning then played hard, and swinging high on swings.  In the afternoon, Scott watched the kids so I could have some well deserved time to myself to do whatever I wanted to do.  I ended up going shopping in midtown.  I actually purchased a few things and had a great 3.5 hours to myself.  While I was away Scott and the kids made me a mothers day card, filled with crayons, paint and markers. 
Saturday morning snuggle fest. Don't mind the makeup free face.
On our way to the park.  Mikey does really well with holding hands outside.

Mikey wanting Daddy to hold the excavator.

Happy Girl

Sweet time with Daddy.

:)

Daddy's Girl.

Might content in the swing.  Chewing on Baby Pearl's Nee Nee.

On Sunday (Mother's Day) I was getting lots of smiles, kisses and hugs from the kids in ed and they gave me the sweet Mothers Day card they made filled with scribbles and even Katie's handprint. We went to church then took a nice, slow, long walk up to Central Park and went to the Mariner's Playground and had the park almost to ourselves.  It was a beautiful day with perfect weather.  On the walk back we stopped by to see the 3 bears and get a quick photo op.

We ordered some yummy lunch from close by and the kids took a long nap at the same time!  I love it when that happens. 

In the evening we enjoyed the sites from the rooftop deck!



Yes, I actually do have bottoms on.

Katie and Mommy (and her skirt) at Mariner's Playground.

There's the pretty little lady!

Mommy and Mikey and the 3 bears.

Add caption

Daddy and Mikey and the 3 bears.

On the rooftop.

Peek-a-view of the city.

Always on the go.  Lots of space to run around on the roof.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment