Sunday, January 18, 2015

Papa's 61st birthday

We celebrated my Dad's 61st birthday on Sunday.  Most of the family members were able to come including all his brothers and sisters.  Everyone showed up with food and a ham and turkey dinner was enjoyed by all!  It was an all day affair, concluding with watching the Seattle Seahawks pull out a win to gain entry into the Super Bowl.

My dad with his siblings.  L to R: Beverly, Scott, Janice, Colleen, my Dad and Chuck.

Cake and Wine - what more do you need for a party?!

Happy Birthday Papa!

Eating all the food.  They loved the broccoli salad.

The kitchen was filled all the time.

Piling on the veggies before the stuffing and meat.

Jen, Katie and Amanda.

Silly faces.

Lots of cool cards to open.


Lighting the candles for the birthday boy.


Jamie, Amanda and I.

My brother in law Danny had back surgery and is still recovering.  The kids loved his balloon.

Teaching them the classic, Othello.

With the help of my mom, Katie beat me!


Okay, she whopped me.  Look at all the white markers she had at the end.  The trick to winning is to get the corners!


My Grandma watching the Seahawks celebrate their win.  It looked like a run-a-way but the Seahawks pulled out a win.  It turned out to be a great win and my Grandma who lived in Washington most of my life was ecstatic they won!  I was rooting for the underdogs.

She is taking a little break under the electric blanket.  We all fought over this.

3 minutes later and she was out for the night.

I forgot to get a pic. with him during the party so lucky I got one before we all left.

No comments:

Post a Comment